Thursday, July 28, 2011

Cabin Trip


This weekend the family ventured up to the cabin. Heidi and I were there a day before mom and dad and were the lucky ones who got to deal with all the problems. As you can see the fridge was a bit yucky. There was left over mayo that didn't look like mayo anymore, it was disgusting! I can handle a messy fridge though, it was the fact that we had no water which made things a bit more difficult. 




 If you look above my head you can see a cupboard that contains plumbing and the hot water heater. Water was leaking from the hot water heater and there was a lot of it! We had to wait for dad to come up with the proper tools so he could fix it, so that day and night we had no water. No water equals no working toilet! Heidi and I had already come to an agreement that we were not going to pee outside (We discussed that it is way too difficult for the ladies) but there is a laundry mat down the road that has bathrooms and showers. We made frequent trips. We even traveled down there at 3 in the morning, it was a bit freaky. It was so dark and I was just waiting for a bear or something to jump out at us. 


Because this was our first trip up since last fall, the weeds were pretty wild. I drove over them a couple times with the idea that it would make a drive way, it didn't work. The weeds were so tall they would get shut in the car door if were went anywhere. 

Finally mom and dad made it up and they brought crazy Gus Gus too. He can be a bit panicky when in new places. But he is adorable so I forgive him. 




 These are our ghetto beds, well really old beds. They have the hardest mattresses ever. Gus doesn't even sleep on them. yeah it is time for an upgrade! 



We even made a trip into Yellowstone. I don't know what river this is but I am standing by it. I like going to Yellowstone because I can look all sloppy and not be the only one. We got a pass so that we don't have to pay every time we go in. Did you know that the mantal under Yellowstone is very thin and that is why they have hot spots and geysers? Thank you Earth Quakes an Volcanoes for teaching me that. And on a side note, I did not get a ticket this time driving through Idaho.

1 comment:

  1. I think the mayo was mine (sorry) and I would guess that you are standing by the lower Madison. And Gus sleeps on those beds as long as he's with me.

    ReplyDelete